Firstly not all inflammation is bad, its actually a part of the bodies immune response system, without it we can’t heal. Unfortunately when it’s out of control it can damage the body in a multitude of ways including cancer and obesity.
To reduce levels of inflammation aim to consume the following foods.
- Tart Cherries: My personal favourite they taste great & there super awesome at kicking Inflammation
- Omega 3 rich fatty fish: Wild Salmon, Mackeral & Fresh tuna (Consume at least twice a week)
- Turmeric & Ginger
- Whole grains
- Dark Leafy “Cruciferous” Greens: Broccoli, Spinach, Kale
- Nuts specifically Almonds & Walnuts, packed with antioxidants that can help your body fight inflammation causing free radicals
- The Others….. Beets, Peppers, Tomatoes, Berries
And cut out the following…..
Foods high in sugar & Saturated fat
Don’t Train on Pain, Get it Fixed!
— Martin King, Personal Trainer