Most fitness professionals will recommend increasing water intake to roughly 2 ltrs a day more if your training. The reason being to ensure your body functions to full potential, this includes regulating body temperature, removal of toxins, efficient digestion, increased stamina & fat metabolisation…… The problem we have is water can be boring and its easy to forget when life’s hectic.
Here’s 10 simple steps to hydration
- Stagger your pint’s to first thing, before every meal, during training and before bed.
- Buy a 6 pack and scatter them around your home and at work.
- If your not keen on the taste infuse some fruit. Infused water is super fashionable right now it will brighten every glass and supercharge your h2o with a vibrant hit of Vit C.
- Minimise your caffeine intake to 1 coffee or tea a day to reduce diuretic implications. The more caffeine we consume the more we wee! Therefore you’ll need more H20.
- Get four servings of veggies and a portion of fruit in each day. Food contains water especially veggies like celery, cucumber and water melon.
- Use a tracking app that beeps every 3-4 hours to help remind you.
- Add some sparkle. Sparkling water is just a little more interesting then regular tap water be mindful shop bought fruit infused waters like evian fuit infused is loaded with sugar!
- Have a Bodybyking shake every morning rather than suga rich cereals. Shakes can give you a real boost in hydration. Use thin skinned fruit, spinach and a good portion of protein.
Thats some Quality H2o!
— The Water Boy